About Me

My photo
Lancaster, PA, United States
I am a 26 year old female, with only hopes of becoming a rock star/movie star. Which basically means if I can't find anything else that I'm passionate about, then I'm going to be living with Mom and Pops the rest of my life(if they would even have me.) Grow up Peter Pan! is a blog about, well, growing up! And the day to day events that are thrusting me towards adulthood.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

'cause tomorrows just another day, and I don't believe in time

I'd like to start by apologizing, mostly to myself, for not posting these last few days. 

It's the holidays, sue me.



No complaints for 2010.  I read through my Facebook "news feed" on NYE wondering why every f-ing persons status read something like "2010 sucked, bring on 2011!" or, "Can't wait for this year to be over."  If anything I want to turn back time.  What's so great about another year gone by?  Why should we celebrate gray hair, wrinkles, loss of sight/hearing/bladder control, and reality television taking over the world?   It's just another year closer to death.  Morbid, I know, but maybe I'm onto something here.  We should start boycotting the holiday and go back another year instead.  I suppose that's a bit unreasonable, but seriously, what's the rush?  Aren't there like a million cliche's out there telling us "life's too short."

I may be going in another direction by saying this, but isn't it such a bitch that when we are kids all we want to do is be a "grown-up" and when we are adults all we want to do is live like a kid again? (I want to emphasize the words 'live like a kid' because I now know what alcohol tastes like and what sex feels like and I couldn't give that up.)

I can't be alone in my opinions here. Don't get me wrong, yes, I want a family, and a house, and all the other wonderful things that come with adulthood, but I don't need it right now.  I'm content with slowing things down for a while. Why speed up the inevitable?  I'll get there some day.

I think these thoughts stemmed from a conversation with my mom I had just before the new year. 

She said, "Weird, it's going to be 1/1/11, we will never see that again, hm, 2/2/22, oh my god, Dani, you will be in your 30's."

Instant depression.

Anyway, happy new year.



                   "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment