About Me

My photo
Lancaster, PA, United States
I am a 26 year old female, with only hopes of becoming a rock star/movie star. Which basically means if I can't find anything else that I'm passionate about, then I'm going to be living with Mom and Pops the rest of my life(if they would even have me.) Grow up Peter Pan! is a blog about, well, growing up! And the day to day events that are thrusting me towards adulthood.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Cory.

It's days like today that help me remember how precious life is.  Today is our dear friend Cory's 22nd birthday.  Unfortunatley for us, he's celebrating in a better place.  In memory of him, and as a gift for Cory's family and the rest of his friends on his special day I put together a list of special messages his loved ones have sent to him to help his spirit live on and comfort others...



Because of you, I laugh more, attempt to put a smile on someone's face no matter what and try to always have a good story to tell. I still can't believe how many stories about you were told. It usually takes a lifetime for someone to have that many stories but not you! You are missed greatly! ♥

Still loved, still greatly missed. xoxo

♥ a full year without your brilliant personality, crazy humor and love....not good. Miss you! Forever in my heart ♥ Always on my Mind ♥

Standing at my kitchen window, looking at Cory's cross and Memory tree - thinking how I hadn't seen a blue bird in awhile and how much I could really use a sign from Cory. Not even minute passed before a blue bird flew across my yard, landed in a tree and back again so that I could truly believe my eyes! I love you and miss you more than ever!

so i had a rough day today.. nothing seemed to go my way .. time passed slow and work seems to be endless.. i think about you every day and its days like today where you help me realize that every breath could be your last and you never know what gods plans are for you and not to waste one second being pissed over noth...ing.. im missing you man but youve made me a better person.. i hung your picture right beside my front door so everytime i leave the house i can get a little corlinger to get me through the day.. i know your looking down as im typing this.. i can feel you man.. miss you

Today was an unusual day, I didn't sleep at all. woke up, made coffee, read a book for an hour, ran a mile and randomly decided that I should take my dog for a walk (because I was in such a good mood). Now this all seems irelevnt, I know. But what ties it all together and lead me to write this was, when I was walking h...im I happen to look up.. And perched ontop of the F&M building is an eagle. So rare to be in the city, let alone at 6:45 in the morning when I had been walking. I couldn't help but to stop and admire how beautiful it was and how lucky I was to see it. I have been thinking about you a lot, and I know that eagle was you. Thank you, miss you always and forever. ♥

 Cory man i still think about the crazy times that we went though 2 summers ago at suzies hole. you'll always be missed my friend.

Cory so many things that we did last year at this time...or that bring up memories ... Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett passing away, Wimbledon - guess you have a great view this year of the longest tennis match in history - but we had fun last year watching Federer and Roddick at the Alley Kat. I can't believe you ...are gone and memories are my lifeline. You truly had a unique outlook on life and I am so blessed to have you in my life. Keep sending me signs, hugs and dreams. I miss you so much; my heart is broken

what's a male blue jay called?

CORLINGER-One who induces humor


Was recently reminded of seeing your cute face in the hallway all the time... you made me laugh and were one of the few people who made going to school interesting. I wonder what you're doing right now and am excited for the day I see you again!

i wont forget the time in tsa regionals at millersville, you asked me for 50 dollars to play this kid in pool that had a cast on his wrist. i believe your exact words were "dude, i cant lose to this kid....he has a broken arm." so of course, you convinced me and i gave the you 50 bucks. then after you made the deal, he... took of his "cast" and cleared the table on you. haha definitely worth the money. miss you man

was just by that place we thought we were gonna get jumped at. Those
houses that were still being constructed back then, that we sat and
waited in with bars and shit. And that fuckin' potato cannon that shot
toward that island was amazing. I miss all of that. Wish ya the best, mate.

i remember the time we went to the brickyard me n you. and i had that white tee on and the idiot waitress came over and said if i didnt take it off and put on the shirt she gave me, we were getting thrown out. we left. and you got the shirt she gave me and just throw it lol. i miss you man, i miss calling u and seeing ...how your doing, i miss basketball in eli's driveway. i hope to see u soon. btw rudy gay has been killing it as of late. talk to you soon.


thinking about the time when you had to push me across 4 lanes of traffic in the Wow Van on our way up to Reading, which was another story in itself. I'm reallly missing you, but I'll be ok.

Belly surfing in OCM during one of our few vacations, eating sand, sun burn, hot peppers on pizza! Well, I guess that is mine forever!

an angel got his wings & we'll hold our heads up knowing that he's fine ♥

If I could write a song about you, it would be about all the things that you did and do! Then I would have to say that I miss all the things about you! Our lives were cut into two, but it hurts the most knowing what we two could do! I love you, don't know what to do!

 forever in my heart and memories. see you soon big bro ♥ 8

I miss you, Cory, in the snow, sledding, laughing with ice in your hair.

With the smell of your soul and fix the bridge that bowed
from the blows that age delivers.
But I fear collapse as your weight will pass, you know I love you more than you will know...

What the heart gives away is never gone. It is kept in the hearts of others. Cory will live forever in our hearts because he gave his spirit to so many

im planning ahead trying to decide what i want to do for my summer job this year... wish i could work with you again. i think you made the most boring job ever, the funniest one. some of my favorite times are.. when you guys made your fort to sleep in, when we recording our voices saying the ceiling tiles hahaha oh my worddd, doing that creepy walk in the pitch black auditorium sooo creepy! haha, and the would you rather cards that were actually quite disturbing. miss ya cory!

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason

Bringing something we must learn. And we are led

To those who help us most to grow, if we let them
...
And we help them in return

Well, I don't know if I believe that's true

But I know I'm who I am today

Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit, as it passes a sun

Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
(Missing the 8, always)

I am listening to "a walk through hell" right now, and I am convinced that out of alll my songs on my ipod you chose to make that song come one everytime to give me a good laugh, and I always do. I miss you and love you and have so much I wish I could say to you, but your with all of us, and for now that is enough. Peace&♥

i had my first cory dream the other night... sooo funny.. miss ya cor

Was thinking about you last night when I was having a blast with Kyle. Was wondering what your crazy costume idea would be haha

Cory .. there are no words.. only love


Today is absolutely beautiful! I know you are with me in spirit I have been thinking about you so much lately & I will never forget the memories we have shared-you will always be part of my freshman year IUP family! I love & miss you so much Cory enjoy your day I am celebrating with you in spirit & the best part of today is my niece was also born :) RIP Cory & Peace.Love.Happiness xoxo ♥

Thinking about those times in school when the final bell on Thursday would ring and we would run around the halls and scream, "hooo yeaahhh!!! it's friday!!!!! TGIF!! YEEAAH!!" and try to get other people to believe it. it was so funny. I miss you, a lot




"There is a land, where the roses are without thorns, where the flowers are not mixed with brambles. In that land, there is eternal spring, and light without any cloud. The tree of life groweth in the midst thereof; rivers of pleasures are there, and flowers that never fade. Myriads of happy spirits are there, and surround the throne of God with a perpetual hymn. The angels with their golden harps sing praises continually, and the cherubim fly on wings of fire. This country is Heaven..."

been thinking about you a lot lately, although some time has passed, and people may forget what exactly you said, and people may forget what exactly you did, they will never forget how you made them feel... here's to never forgetting

You made me an entirely better person, and the crazy part is, you continue to do so. Miss you more than I can word.

nobody will ever forget you cory. you were.. and you are such an amazing person!

Love and miss you man! You were an inspiration to soo many and even though you are gone you will forvever be in the lives and hearts of everyone you have touched. I know that you got the best pair of wings up there and by all means you deserve them. You were a beautiful fun filled person who will always be remembered by your amazing personality. Take care brotha, keep fullfiling your role as a legend up there.

thinking about the time at an away football game and we were all soaked because it was raining really hard and you said that you felt like you were on voyage of the mimi, and that you would be ben affleck, i would be fergie, and casey would be the beached whale..haha<333

i miss you sooo much, snow days aren't the same without you - i'll never forget our snow day in the winter of '05 at olivia's and then eli's.... i always said that was one of the best days, love love love forever ♥


Cory I was thinking about you the other day. I know you had never met my dad before, but like you, he was a mischevious and fun soul, so I like to think you two will bump into each other up there and stir up some trouble : ) Miss you.

 had this awesome cory moment yesterday ... I am walking through the student center to buy something to eat for breakfast, when out of the corner of my eye, into a student lounge, I see a table full of yummy doughnuts, muffins, fruits, coffee and juices that are what seem to be un-attended! I take a look up and down the hallway, and de...cided to see whats going on inside. As I walk in I freeze becuase I see one of our food service ladies...o wait, she is sleeping on a sofa. I preceeded to have a breakfast I later found out was for Career Fair employees only.
- that one is for you Cory, miss you man!




Cory, We love and miss you so much  We will continue to celebrate your life today and everyday.  Happy Birthday, man.




 

here we go blue bird.




I carry you with me into the world,
into the smell of rain
& the words that dance between people
& for me, it will always be this way,
walking in the light,
...remembering being alive together
cor (you hated when i called you that) i wish you were here so badly. you were always the one person who always knew the right thing to say to make me laugh....ridiculous how much i miss that. love you....wish i could hug you right now.
Really missing you-- as always. Thanks for still being a part of my life. Love you
This funny story of Cory just popped into my head. Back in video production there were 2 rooms and each had a telephone. And Cory sat under the table in the one room and called Mr. Heim in the classroom and said that Cory needed to go to the office immediately and he bought it. It was so damn funny!!! Love ya Cory
really missing you today. Love you man, wish more than anything in the world you were here. peace

1 comment:

  1. well as the tears fall freely down my face - I can't find the words to tell you how much this means to me. I am truly blessed by the friends that Cory surrounded himself with.
    I love you Dani - thank you,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete