About Me

My photo
Lancaster, PA, United States
I am a 26 year old female, with only hopes of becoming a rock star/movie star. Which basically means if I can't find anything else that I'm passionate about, then I'm going to be living with Mom and Pops the rest of my life(if they would even have me.) Grow up Peter Pan! is a blog about, well, growing up! And the day to day events that are thrusting me towards adulthood.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I am what I am...an abuser of "Facebook"

I have been a Facebook user since 2005...7 years. For me, this social network started out with nothing but ONE "profile picture", an "about me section" which in my case has shared nothing other than, "I'm kind of a big deal",thank you Will Ferrell, a few interests, political views, where I went to high school, and last but not least, where I was currently attending college.  You see, when I first became a user of this website it was still called "TheFacebook" and you needed an e-mail address that ended in ".edu".  Those were much simpler times.  As most of us know, Facebook is now used as a marketing device, a marketplace, a dating website, an instant messaging tool, a party planner, a source of news and current events, an online gaming arena...oh, and one more thing, a way for friends, co-workers, relatives and more importantly parents to stalk you. Remember when it was funny when one of your family members joined the site?  Remember when it was still a little bit funny when one of your parents "friend requested" you?  Remember when it got significantly less funny when both of your parents and your grandparents were users?  Remember when it got unfunny?  I do. It was the first time my family members got a good look at my life outside of holiday gatherings/birthday parties. It was when I first felt the need to defend my reputation to those outside of my close group of friends.
     
Now hear me out. There are 2 sides to every story.  At this point you could be thinking...well, Dani, one could say if you have a problem with texts from your mom saying "please take down those pictures their inappropriate and embarrassing me" you should just delete your page, or block those who care, but here's the thing, as childish and as immature as it may sound. 

I WAS THERE FIRST

As a friend of mine on Facebook, view at your own discretion.  My choices are my own.  Judge me at your own risk.  The worst I have done is out in the open. I am what I am...just another abuser of Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment