About Me

My photo
Lancaster, PA, United States
I am a 26 year old female, with only hopes of becoming a rock star/movie star. Which basically means if I can't find anything else that I'm passionate about, then I'm going to be living with Mom and Pops the rest of my life(if they would even have me.) Grow up Peter Pan! is a blog about, well, growing up! And the day to day events that are thrusting me towards adulthood.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

crazy, stupid, stupid, love

 Damn these summer blockbusters making me over-think...

I can't speak for men, but I think I can speak for most women when I say that we grow up longing for someone to love us unconditionally.  At a young age we are introduced to Barbie and Ken, princes and princess in our bedtime stories and television cartoon romances. Simple, right?  How nice that it worked out so conveniently for Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella and Prince Charming, Ariel and Eric...

My childhood toys, books, and movies led me to believe there is someone out there for everyone, someone perfect...a soulmate.

Okay, So is there or isn't there? 

I'd like to believe it. I also like to think I've found him already.  Are you allowed to have doubts about your soulmate?

The concept of love is so ambiguous I'm finding it hard to keep one idea in my mind long enough to write about it (honestly, it probably wouldn't even make sense if I tried putting it into words).  The conclusion that I've found myself at after several days pondering a seemingly never ending, series of questions is that they are unanswerable. It is completely up to interpretation, and there is nothing wrong with that.  Just like there's nothing wrong with growing up having love thrown in your face the way it is.  As much as I'd like to, I can't hate on happiness.

So here it is, my final thought, because if I keep going this is going to start looking like a cryptogram, if it doesn't already...We all deserve to give and receive unconditional love.  It may not be with Prince Charming, but who would want him when you already have it with the kid who flicked his boogers on you in fifth grade?

No comments:

Post a Comment